What is VPK-SIS?
VPK-SIS (Voluntary Prekindergarten Specialized Instructional Services) is an exceptional option catering to parents of 4-year-old children with special needs, providing an alternative to the traditional VPK classroom setting. If your child possesses an individual educational plan (IEP) issued by Miami-Dade or Broward County Public Schools, specifying the requirement for specialized instructional services, VPK-SIS offers a tailored solution that deviates from the standard VPK school-year or summer programs.
Our VPK-SIS Program Overview
Our KOALFIED VPK-SIS services are conducted in either individual or small group settings by certified or licensed professionals proficient in delivering specialized instruction. Students enrolled in VPK-SIS have access to a range of services outlined in their IEP, such as:
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA)
- Speech language pathology (SPEECH)
- Occupational therapy (OT)
- Physical therapy (PT)
- Listening and spoken language instruction (LP)
- Other specialized instructional services aligned with the child’s IEP
Parents have the flexibility to select one or multiple services from Florida Department of Education (FDOE) approved providers. Funding for each student is equivalent to traditional VPK, based on the service rates set by specialists. However, this may result in VPK-SIS students receiving fewer service hours compared to those in traditional VPK.
Who is eligible for our VPK-SIS Program?
Children must meet three fundamental eligibility requirements to qualify for VPK-SIS. If your child meets these criteria, you need to enroll them first through the ELC Miami-Dade or Broward County office:
- Florida Residency: Your child must be a resident of Florida.
- Age Requirement: Your child must have turned four years old on or before September 1 of the current year.
- Current IEP from Miami Dade or Borward County Public Schools: To be eligible for VPK-SIS, your child must possess an up-to-date IEP issued by Miami Dade or Broward County Public Schools.
About our VPK-SIS Providers
The Florida Department of Education (FDOE) has approved Koala ABA & Learning Centers as a VPK-SIS provider to provide the following service:
- Individuals certified or licensed for applied behavior analysis services (ABA)
- Licensed speech-language pathologists (Speech)
- Licensed occupational therapists (OT)
- Licensed physical therapists (PT)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSW)
- Licensed psychologists (LMHC)
- Other licensed professionals who have successfully applied to and received approval from FDOE.